Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You Should be Careful What You Say...

I was coming into the building this morning @ 0630. Stopped outside to have a smoke before making my way to the 15th floor.

Happened to be standing next to this guy in an expensive and foreign suit. We talked a little bit about the weather.

I initially thought he was from England, but then I realized he was from Holland. We talked about the differences between Holland and Texas weather. 180 Degrees.

Then we (he) started talking about Chemicals. Told him I was in Chemicals IT. He was a Chemicals guy. Had worked in HR, Finance and other parts of the business. Dropped all these big names. I suddenly realized this guy was a...

Big Wheel!

Asked me what I was doing now and I told him I was one of the Global Security Admninistrators for Chemicals GSAP. He asked me my name and I told him - He looked thoughtful for a second or two, and said, "I've heard of you!"

I was like, "Oh Hell!!"

He said, "No, it was only good things! Really!"

Well that is certainly good news!

I have no idea who this guy is. But we must have a friend in common...God only knows who that could be...

Comments on "You Should be Careful What You Say..."

 

post a comment