Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Couple Of Things For Today...

I Don't Think So, TexT...

So I've been walking briskly down four blocks to catch the bus most afternoons lately. Sounds good doesn't it?

...

But I suppose if I'm smoking at the time, that negates any health benefit I hope to derive from it.

Sense Of Irony?

As I was pulling out of the Park and Ride this evening, I noticed a Mercedes Coupe with the hood up. As I went by, I noticed the driver coming around from the far side with a pair of jumper cables. Don't Mercedes' have automatic everything? Like headlights that turn off automatically? I probably should have stopped, as I vaguely remember seeing those lights on as l pulled in this morning.

But I didn't.

Why? Well, I've been slugging between Katy and downtown Houston, since about 1999, and in my experience, most of the GUYS that drive expen$ive german car$, are the rudest, most arrogant, and selfish drivers in town. Would he have stopped for me if l was broken down? Probably not.

So why do I feel guilty?

Dunno - I'd like to say, "Maybe a lifetime of taking the high road where this kind of stuff is concerned." But I can't. But I have spent most of my adult life trying to always do the right thing. I don't always succeed at that. As a matter of fact, I hardly ever do.

But still, it ain't a bad thing to aspire to, is it?

Shit.

I should have turned around.


An Analogy Levels of Complexity Between the Sexes?...

Thanx and a tip of the ole fedora to BamaTex for that last one. Where the hell do you find this stuff anyway?

Comments on "Couple Of Things For Today..."

 

post a comment