Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Couple of Books I Read Recently

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Read Gregory Maguire's take on the Wicked Witch of the West.
Pretty good first novel I must say. Though, I've heard some of his other stuff ain't so hot. I really liked the witch. She was believable in a fantasy kind of way. You have to sympathize with the witch when you read this tome.


I'm quite sure, though that he sees OZ alot (A LOT!) differently than Baum did. The characters in this book were positively RANDY!

T's rates it: TTTTT

(Side note - I just started reading Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister)

Also read (again) Connie Willis' tongue in cheek take on chaos theory, fad research, and love: Belwether.

I love the way Connie writes prose! This book is a series of absolute corporate fuck-ups from front to back! I used to work in a big research facility that was not academic, so I can identify! If you are into speculative fiction and you work in the corporate world, you should read this book! Of course, I recommend (really!) anything by Connie!

T's rates it: TTTTT

Comments on "Couple of Books I Read Recently"

 

post a comment