Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Friday, June 16, 2006

A Few Things From Jacksonville...

My Sister is on Dial-up (sigh)

Holy Crap! Does it take forever to display a page...And the browser that Compuserve uses is so much like AOL (Grrrrrr!) and doesn't seem to like the Standard Blogger interface So - forced to connect with Compuserve and then use IE 6 (or whatever...) (Grrrrrrrr!) But hey, there is a PC so I can stay connected.

It Doesn't Feel Like 30 Years!

Met up with an old school bud yesterday. It had actually been about 32 or 33 years since I'd seen him. Still the same ornery guy - but mellowed somewhat with age. And he has more gray hair than I do! He was always a cowboy. Loved Hosses and Dawgs and still does...And holy shit! Does he live a long way in the country! Drove out to his job site - A concrete plant - had a little conversation there...Then drove back into town for lunch.

What's wrong with this picture?

I drove a thousand miles so I could go to the Texas Roadhouse in Jacksonville for lunch??

There has got to be some irony there, boy! Food was good, though! I ain't even sure we have any of these in Texas...

After lunch we drove out to his house - Far (far) west of JAX. Thought I had driven halfway back to Texas by the time we pulled into his front yard. He's got 3 acres that he shares with his wife, 2 hosses and a passel of Dawgs. They (my friend and his wife) think they are in charge, but it ain't too hard to see who really rules the roost! And it ain't the humans! Ha Ha!

Driving back to my sister's after dark was a trip

Hell, just gettin' back to a paved county road was a trip. And then there was the RAIN. Couple of real gully washers! At a couple of points I had to downshift to 2d gear and drive r-e-a-l s-l-o-w cause the wipers in the Saturn wouldn't go fast enough to let me see out the dang windshield(!) Only lasted a couple of minutes each time, though and then it was back to 70 MPH. I love the north Florida back country. I had forgotten just how hilly it is in North FLA...

I think the entire state ain't nothin' but a series of tall sand dunes!

Off to cruise down A1A for a while today

And then check in at the re-union this evening! THAT should be interesting!!

Seeya!

t...

Comments on "A Few Things From Jacksonville..."

 

post a comment