Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Still Smokeless on day 7!!

I'm smoke free. But this feels like it may be the hardest day yet! I feel like I haven't eaten. You know that empty, shakey feeling you get when you need to eat? That's how I feel and I've eaten...

I'm basically feeling like refried crap!

Shit!

I think I've finished (mostly) with my DB crap for work. I'll probably need to tweak it. But that's for later today. Got to see the doctor about my elbow(?) And pickup filters for the AC units for the house. Need to mow and edge the front yard too. But I'll wait till the sun is over the house for that. And pay some bills. And the Queen says I don't do anything on my days off!

Quote of the Day:

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."


~~Winston Churchill


Courtesy of one of my favorite authors - William Gibson - Found on his blog - And never more appropriate that now.

How about a few links I've found to be interesting:

The last of Mr. Gibson's books was "Pattern Recognition" in which the protagonist was a Cool Hunter. She was able to recognize what the nect latest thing was going to be, or when it was going to be so over. Hence: Josh Rubin's CoolHunting - Cool Hunting: finding things in the intersection of design, culture and technology that excite the imagination and inspire creativity.

Upon which I found this. The kitchen of the future. Actually for my european friends it is already here. The Clever kitchen. From our ever so efficient friends in Germany.

How about this cool app. Quikmaps - Interacts with google earth to let you draw your own map. This is way cool. They will even host it for you. The blog is here: http://wanderingken.com/

The app: Quikmaps.com

Dell has a blog? Too little, too late or right on time? You decide...Dell's one2one.

ArsTechnica for the PC enthusiast in you. And me...

Engadget
reports on tech for you.

Lifehacker. com For the geek in all of us. "Computers make us more productive. Yeah, right. Lifehacker recommends the software downloads and web sites that actually save time. Don't live to geek; geek to live."

TechCrunch is "a weblog dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new web 2.0 products and companies."

TechDirt. The name kinda says it all don't it?

Because what everybody needs is a Garfield dissection service: Garfield: Permanent Monday.

The official google blog at blogspot.

Got a Moto RAZR? So does this fellow. And he's got a few hacks for it here: Razr V3, V3C, V3x . How to get free dialup here. With video: Free internet on laptop using your cell phone . Also has Phone tools software here: OBEX File Manager. Zac liked this SW better than the Moto stuff. Drivers here: My Awsome Razr (which you will need for your PC. Also a message board if you just don't get it.

Zac says a regular digital camera USB cable will connect your phone to your PC. It looks like it should. But bear in mind I haven't tried any of this stuff yet. And this is not an endorsement. If you fry your phone doing this stuff do not come here bitching. As I said I haven't tried any of this. But I'm gonna.

But I have phone insurance, too. I'm merely pointing in the direction you may want to go...

See you around...

Next!

Comments on "Still Smokeless on day 7!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

You can do it !
i believe in you!
alleycat

 

post a comment