Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Part 4 of I Guess My "Fast & Loose" Youth is Catching Up to Me

Wednesday Afternoon This Is Gonna Hurt You Alot More Than It Does Me!



o I get out of the car and walk into the Oral Surgeon's. The girls in there all make a fuss and crack jokes while we are doing the paperwork thing.
But let's face it, I'm feeling like refried crap. It isn't long before they put me in one of those chairs in the back.

One of the doctor's assistants interviews me some more, just to make sure I didn't forget anything on the forms. (I didn't) . She makes sure I'm feeling okay and I am, under the circumstances. She goes away and leaves me to read my magazine.

A while later Dr. Krupa comes in. He seems to be a happy and confident fellow and after our interview I'm pretty glad Dr. Garza sent me to him instead of someone else.

It is pretty late in the afternoon and there are imprtant questions to be asked once it is ascertained that:

The surgery is necessary. It has to be done.

and

Dr.
Krupa is going to do it.


My turn:
Are we doing this today?

Dr:
Heavens, No! It's too late to start this.

Me: Okay...When?

Dr:
You'll have to talk to (someone) out front. But I'm sure it will probably be Friday.

Me:
What about...

Dr:
Pain??

Me:
Well yes...the nova whatever is wearing off.

Dr:
I'll have one of the girls call in a couple of scrips at your pharmacy. One for Pain and one'll be an antibiotic. And I want you to take these antibiotics until they are ALL GONE! Now come on in this other room and I'll numb you up some more. Take the pain meds when you get home. DO NOT wait for the numb to wear off, because if you do, you will be really sorry.


And so he gets the big needle out and shoots my tooth full of numbing goodness. I get up and out of the chair and go out front to setup my appointment for Friday.


Next: Haven't We always been there for You?!

Comments on "Part 4 of I Guess My "Fast & Loose" Youth is Catching Up to Me"

 

post a comment