Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans day 2005 - November 11th 2005

Ole Glory1

I have an uncle that flew P51 mustangs in WWII and was decorated as an Ace.

My dad (Stepdad - but the only father I ever knew) served in the Korean Conflict as a medic in the Corp and was decorated with a silver star (Which I now have) for valor.

He never would talk about this time of his life and I can only wonder what kind of horrors he had to live through that was bad enough that he never spoke of it again.

After that he joined the Navy and made many trips to Vietnam while we were stationed at Pearl Harbor in the 60's.

He died in 1973.

I salute both these brave men (and All Service members) who gave so much for our freedom.

'nuff said...

Comments on "Veterans day 2005 - November 11th 2005"

 

post a comment