Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

N Scale Still Rules!

After a hiatus of some years in the Model Railroading hobby, I've decided that I need to do something with all this MR Stuff I have stored in my garage. Decided to convert to Code 55 rail just because it just looks so dang cool compared to my old code 80.

I'm thinking I want to build a little C55 test track. And test all my old stuff. I'm gonna design something with XtrkCad and see what I can do. XTrkCad is a free software package for designing model railroads, made by Sillub Technology. Just thought it would be fun to see what will run and what won't.

I've got a little stash of low profile wheel sets around here somewhere in the (ugh) garage. I know I'm gonna have to dig those up as most of my wheelsets are "pizza cutters" made for code 80 track.

Here's the challenge...I made a little stop by my LHS and picked up some track. All Atlas Code 55.
Current Rail inventory:
2 pieces Superflex (30 inches long)
1 Each No. 5 right turnouts
1 Each No. 5 left turnouts
1 pkg (6 pcs.) 30.609R (at least 2 pc. for the turnouts)
3 pkg 11.25R full curve
3 pkg 12.5R full curve
5 pkg 6in Straight.

Don't feel like you have to use it all. But you can't really go over. It ain't a test or quiz. Just want to see how many different things we can think of.

Plus I'm a little rusty when it comes to this stuff.

Here's a visual:

Track
Click picture for a bigger visual

Try it yourself!

Thanx,

TexasT's

Comments on "N Scale Still Rules!"

 

post a comment