Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Voice of Reason Department

So Colin Powell resigns...Bush, Inc.'s response is to nominate Condi Rice...Well why not? Finally someone in the top slot that agrees (probably even wrote) with the Administrations unilateralist views on how to conduct foreign policy.

Enrage our enemies! Alienate our allies! Whattaya gonna do about it? Invade us?!? Whatcha gonna do when we come for YOU!? That arrogant, self righteous, pompous...TEXAN! Dammit!

Mr. Powell was the only reasonable voice in the entire administration. And now he'll be gone. Hell, I'd bail out too! I have to admit, I'm surprised he lasted this long, given the company he was keeping...And when Bush, Inc. attempted to make him look out of step with the Administration and continued to marginalize the role he (or the Department of State, for that matter) played in the current sets of crises we have going on around the world, I was amazed that Mr. Powell didn't resign on the spot. He IS one helluva team player. I put that down to his military training. Bet he wanted to deck Rummy more than once. But he didn't...North Korea...Afganistan...Iraq. The State Departments role has been marginalized on all these issues.

I have the utmost respect for the man, the soldier, the general and the statesman.

I suspect Colin will NOT fade away, but will continue to surprise us.

So whither now, Colin, whither now?

...That's just my opinion

Comments on "Voice of Reason Department"

 

post a comment