Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Well Now...This Pisses Me Off!

dod-w-rent to check the tech and other news at one of my favorite sites (Boing-Boing) this AM (I am at work) as is my wont. And this is what I get instead:
The Company Net Police have decided that boingboing.net is offensive.

Who the hell is it that makes these decisions?
Holy Crap!!

Update 8:54PM CST- Guess I'm not the only one. Check this entry at Boing Boing:

ISPs in Iran, Tunisia also use SmartFilter (which blocks BoingBoing as "nudity")

Guess I shouldn't feel so bad. I'm only one guy at work. They are blocking whole countries!!

But I hate smartfilter! This is not the first site they've blocked for ignorant reasons at my job...Companies are so afraid of being sued that they will take political correctness to new highs. Or lows...depending on your point of view.

Land of the free...and the home of the brave...Yeah right...But not @ work.

And here's another post -
BoingBoing banned in UAE, Qatar, elsewhere. Our response to net-censors: Get bent!

And here's the one that probably got them "on the list" at my job -
Stick Michaelangelo's "David" on your blog to protest censorware. Look at that - it's a picture of someone's privates. Holy Crap!

It ain't just over there, folks! It happens right here too!

Somebody needs to get bent...Bent Over!!







Comments on "Well Now...This Pisses Me Off!"

 

post a comment