Memoirs of a Geisha - Peter Goulden

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

The Final Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

T's Rates IT: T T

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

T's Rates IT: T T T T t

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

Belwether - Connie Willis

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

Failure To Launch

T's Rates IT: T T t

Mission Impossible 3

T's Rates IT: T T T t

X-Men III

T's Rates IT: T T T T T

...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

It ain't the years, It's the mileage. I was raised a military brat, and wanderlust still comes over me every 3 or 4 years. Still love to travel.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

So When Did I Become The Guy...

That Cops wave to from their squad car as they pass me on the street?

I guess we could also call this one

"Lamentations Of Lost Youth"

I used to be the guy that they would go out of their way to pull over. Once they had me pulled over, it wouldn't be long before they had me spread eagle on the ground in front of my car, with a pistol barrel in my ear. Once they called in my license, I was in deep shit, usually.

I was the bad seed. The one most evil. I had a Ba-a-a-d reputation. And it was well deserved. Even now half (well, half of those that are left) of my own relatives are not sure if they can trust me. But of course, Norwegians and Swedes have long memories.


Used to get my hackles up just to see a cop in the rear view mirror. Still does, actually. But not bad enough to make me do something stupid. Not any more at any rate.

And now they just cruise on by and wave. Or worse yet, they even stop for a chat every now and again. Gives me the Heebie Jeebies! But I talk to them, without getting my face shoved in the dirt.

I guess I don't look, or act like the outlaw I once was. I reckon that is a good thing?

(Sigh)

t...

Comments on "So When Did I Become The Guy..."

 

post a comment